Cueing is a common method used by rehab experts and exercise professionals to make sure movements and exercises are done using proper form. With BAKBŌN, you are able to cue your neutral spine position on your own, so you’ll be confident you are training the right way and gaining the maximum benefit. When you are wearing BAKBŌN, the latex-free elastic webbing positioned over your shoulders provides a gentle cueing reminder to align your ears with your shoulders.
Shoulder and waist straps hold the frame of BAKBŌN in position. Lightweight poles rest on the back of the head and tailbone to indicate a neutral spine position.
BAKBŌN gives you immediate feedback so you can find your neutral spine position. In the process, you’ll train your body.
After you remove BAKBŌN, you will continue to experience a haloeffect of improved postural awareness the remainder of the day.
Performing dynamic movements in a neutral spine position ensures proper form, strengthens dormant muscle, protects your spine, and allows you to distribute force evenly.
The results: a stronger, more stable core; reduced chance of injury; and improved postural awareness.
Just open the box, install and wear!
1. Insert poles into the ports on either side of the BAKBŌN logo in the center of the frame. You will feel and hear the magnets lock the poles into place.
2. Place your arms through the shoulder straps like you are putting on a backpack. Adjust the slides on the waist straps, then secure the waist strap by placing the clasp ends together (they will lock into place magnetically). Make sure the straps fit as tight as possible while maintaining comfort.
3. Adjust the frame so that it is snug against your back and centered between your shoulder blades.
4. BAKBŌN is fitting correctly when the poles are in contact with the back of your head and your tailbone.
5. To remove, unbuckle the clasp by sliding the top of the clasp up and the bottom of the clasp down.
Yes! If you lose contact with the BAKBŌN poles on either your head or tailbone, you can adjust the BAKBŌN frame while in use. Simply hold the top and bottom poles simultaneously, then bend forward slightly to reshape the frame and reengage contact with your head and tailbone.